[bc-gnso] Anzaja: resignation

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Fri Feb 5 15:58:47 UTC 2010

Liz,

If there is one thing I have learned in 11 years of ICANN battles, is that
it is best to sometimes take 24 hours before sending certain emails. Over
the better part of those 11 years we have sometimes been on the same side of
an issue or the opposite side of an issue, regardless I think there has
always been a mutual respect.

I understand and appreciate your concerns but resigning does not seem to be
part of the solution, but appears to add to the problem a lack of geo
graphic diversity within the BC. As a sort of nomad of the GNSO, actively
participating in various constituencies, may I recommend maintaining your
membership in the BC and look to get involved in other constituencies. By
the way, the Registry Constituency just approved the process for observer
members to join. Based on your work with CORE this would seem to be a
natural fit with some of the new gTLD would are likely to be doing. As a
consultant much like yourself, I find the different viewpoints voiced
/advocated within different constituencies constructive.

As a long time member of the BC, I have seen an ebb and flow in the dynamics
and its make-up. Play the long game, stay engaged and things will change
they always do.

Just my two cents.

Best regards,

Michael