[cc-humanrights] Update call mapping Sep 16th

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:58:28 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I am sharing with you a quick update of the call held by the subgroup on
mapping, which happened last Wednesday, Sep 16th, so we can further discuss
during our call today.

Speak soon!
Marília

The subgroup is focused on developing a visual chart of ICANN's policies
and operations that impact on human rights and on mapping opportunities for
assessing HR impact on the policy development process (PDP).

Participants: Rafik Dammak, Alan, Avri, Marília, Gangesh and Aarti

- APC presented a proposal for visualization based on cartoons and on a
campaign strategy for communication.

- The goals of the mapping are two pronged: to enhance understanding and
awareness among community members and to gather evidence for supporting
discussions on human rights at work stream 2-Accountability, when we are
supposed to further detail the high level HR commitment to be introduced in
the bylaws.

We discussed to have both mind mapping and cartoons. The former to initiate
the work, while the latter can be the deliverable we can use for
communication. The work will be collaboratively shared. Avri, Marilia and
Rafik will support Alan on the work.

- A strawman document assessing the opportunities to introduce HR issues at
the GNSO policy development process is going to be shared by Marília and
collaboratively discussed.

- The next call will be scheduled by the subgroup and communicated to the
list.

Best wishes,

Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en