[ST-WP] Updated document on Applying Stress Tests

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez crg at isoc-cr.org
Tue Feb 17 07:23:57 UTC 2015

Re: #18 Stress of GAC Consensus advice

Dear Steve,

With the hindsight of the call, your example reminds me of the .wine and .vin case. so it goes beyond a theoretical test.

a) I think the case you are discussing is a question of the different layers of representation (all under accountability of course)
The GAC has representation at the Board level
The GAC has more or less representation at the NomCom level, depending on recent proposal
The GAC has earlier engagement at the policy level and late advice at the Board level
The GAC has in general the same weight as all SO/ACs, or doesn’t it?
b) the we are talking about there internal rules
Their bylaws about consensus decision making

In the .wine and .vin case there was no consensus.
I have problems in using such specific cases of stress cases under general “accountability” title and try to solve it just by changes in the bylaws. I think it needs a little bit more structural analysis if all SO/ACs have the same weight (consensus based or not) at all levels,in all processes, at all times or not. I f we just start limiting how to change internal issues in the GAC we might face larger inconsistencies further down the road.

Carlos Raul Gutierrez
GNSO Council