[ST-WP] [CWG-Stewardship] PTI Board Composition

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon May 25 14:51:55 UTC 2015

Hi

On 25-May-15 08:23, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> In my opinion, having a couple Directors who understand the functioning of the IFO in meeting TLD registry needs would increase the chances that the Board would " have the requisite skills and knowledge to do that quickly and effectively".

What guarantee is there that just because the Registries appoint the
people they would be knowledgeable about the all issues before the PTI
on any particular year or that they would understand the IFO any better
than anyone else.  Does every person in Registry SG have the requisite
knowledge and judgement?  Additionally wouldn't the fact that they were
from Registries mean it was more likely they had a bone to pick with the
IFO?

I expect that the Registries would have to use some sort of judgement in
deciding.  As the Registries particpate in the nomcom they can bring
their judgement to bear in that group in a multistakeholder manner.

As with others, I am speaking personally and have not gone to my SG yet
to check on what they thought of a PTI Board biased toward Registries.

avri

---