[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Notes and action items from today's new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG meeting

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 17:36:36 UTC 2017

Hello Marika,

Thanks for sending this in and apologies for missing the call.  A few
comments Inline:

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Aug 24, 2017 4:41 PM, "Marika Konings" <marika.konings at icann.org> wrote:

*Action item #2*: CCWG members & participants, especially those that were
not on the call, to indicate on the mailing list if they have any
objections to the following preliminary WG agreement: The CCWG's focus is
on the funds that are currently available without any assumption that
additional funds will become available. The CCWG will focus on developing
recommendations that will enable the disbursement of the funds in an
effective and judicious manner without creating a perpetual mechanism (i.e.
not being focused on preservation of capital).

SO: +1

*5.           *,...).

   - Park issue for now and await input from ICANN Org/Board and then
   determine whether this has changed opinions and/or a new survey should be
   conducted. This should happen at the latest by ICANN60.

SO: Am not sure how we intend to determine this change in opinion, is it by
the input from ICANN Org/Board?

*Action item #3*: ICANN Org/Board to provide further information to the
CCWG on current situation of reserve fund, plans for replenishment and how
auction proceeds could potentially factor in to that plan to help inform
the CCWG deliberations on this topic. If possible, this information is
provided in time for the next CCWG meeting.

SO: Personally I am not sure we should be discussing ICANN reserve in this
manner. Our decision IMO should not be about trying to justify the need to
fund the reserve based on its "current situation". It should rather be on
the basis of whether the auction funds should be available for reserve and
if yes how? (In terms of process and amount). We have noted significant
response of a "No" to the first question which then seem to make the
follow-up question unnecessary.

c.             Review examples

Deferred to next meeting

7.            ICANN60 meeting planning – update

   - CCWG will keep original slots (Thursday from 10.30 – 12.00 and 13.30 –
   15.00) but may convert one of them into more of an internal type meeting
   depending on attendance.

SO: Ack!

8.            Confirm next steps & next meeting (Thursday 7 September at
14.00 UTC)

SO: If there is a calendar list, kindly add my email to it. Even if I don't
get to attend due to one reason or the other, it does serve as reminder for
me.

Regards

*Marika Konings*

*Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation
for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) *

*Email: marika.konings at icann.org <marika.konings at icann.org>  *

*Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO*

*Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses
<http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages
<http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.
*