[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Mechanisms - the way forward

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 00:35:24 UTC 2019

I think I am in Alan's corner here. Any independent structure needs to
purposefully minimise friction with icann org. as far as that is possible.
So a PTI look-alike should be deemed not suitable in this case. It is not
impossible that outsourcing everything except an equal ICANN board and
ICANN community oversight will be cost effective.
 I am inclined to agree that it is all about implementation criteria that
will most probably win the day. This is not an easy call, by any means, but
we owe it to the underserved regions of the world in attempting to narrow
the ever increasing digital divide.

RD