[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed agenda and updated proposed Final Report - new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG meeting on Wednesday 23 October at 14.00 UTC
marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Oct 21 18:06:53 UTC 2019
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next new gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG meeting which has been scheduled for Wednesday 23 October at 14.00 UTC.
Attached for your review you will find an updated version of the proposed Final Report. Please make sure to review this version in advance of Wednesday’s meeting focusing on the items under agenda item 4. Of course, if there are any other aspects of the report that should be reviewed in light of the ICANN Board and ICANN Org input (see https://community.icann.org/display/CWGONGAP/Additional+Questions+and+Responses) please flag this in advance of the meeting.
Proposed Agenda – new gTLD Auction Proceeds Cross-Community Working Group
Wednesday 23 October at 14.00 UTC
1. Roll call
2. Welcome / DOI & SOI updates
3. Current status of work:
* Input received from ICANN Board & ICANN Org in relation to clarifying questions posed by CCWG (see https://community.icann.org/display/CWGONGAP/Additional+Questions+and+Responses)
* Survey not launched yet as input from ICANN Board, especially on mechanism C, was deemed essential to inform survey. CCWG to consider whether to launch poll in light of clarifications, or forego for now?
* Staff & leadership team have proposed a number of updates to proposed Final Report in line with clarifications provided by ICANN Board & ICANN Org. A couple of outstanding items remain for CCWG consideration.
* In light of Board’s suggestion and previous CCWG considerations, proposal is to prepare launch of public comment on proposed Final Report, either before ICANN66 or immediately thereafter.
4. Outstanding issues:
* Page 8 – any concerns about the proposed modification of the description for mechanism A?
* Page 13 – should a poll be conducted prior to publication of the proposed Final Report or is the CCWG in a position to provide a proposed recommendation in relation whether to recommend 1, 2 or 3 mechanisms? Proposed leadership next steps:
i. Following finalization of proposed Final Report (ideally by the end of this week), launch indicative survey.
ii. Share results of indicative survey prior to ICANN66 to allow CCWG members to consult with their respective groups.
iii. Consider chartering organization responses during ICANN66 and plan for definitive survey shortly following ICANN66.
iv. Publish proposed final report for public comment, including proposed CCWG recommendation in relation to mechanism(s) shortly after ICANN66 (after completion of survey).
* Page 14/15 – any concerns about the proposed modifications to flag that further details be provided in the implementation phase in relation to the roles and responsibilities regardless of mechanism chosen?
* Page 15 – any concerns about the proposed modifications to the description of the evaluation panel?
* Page 17/18/19/22 – note updates made following 18/9 meeting.
* Page 23 – any concerns about the proposed clarification in relation to mechanism C and ability for ICANN to apply for funds?
* Page 24 – any concerns about the proposed modification in relation to programmatic adjustments and baskets?
* Page 26 – Consider Board input and decide whether updates should be made to this section.
* Page 27/28 – any concerns in relation to the updates made to change OEC to ‘through a committee if appropriate’ following Board input?
* Page 28 – consider Board input on topic of compensation and decide whether any updates should be made to this paragraph.
* Page 39 – any concerns in relation to the proposed modification to point 5 in line with the Board’s input?
* Any other issues?
1. Confirm next steps:
* Launch of survey – yes/no, timing?
* Launch of public comment period – timing?
* ICANN66 session – proposed approach
* Confirm action items / immediate next steps
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new gTLD AP CCWG Draft Final Report - updated 21 October 2019.docx
Size: 440552 bytes
Desc: new gTLD AP CCWG Draft Final Report - updated 21 October 2019.docx
More information about the Ccwg-auctionproceeds