[council] friendly amendments to the DSSA motion

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Thu Dec 12 14:48:32 UTC 2013

hi Avri,

the DSSA brought this report to the Council a while back (time doesn't permit figuring out exactly when).  the report was caught in the usual logjam of crisis stuff and was given a very brief acknowledgement at that time.

i would love an extensive discussion in the community and on this list.

the part you're quoting though isn't from the report -- that's based on the letter of submission from us co-chairs to our respective Councils (which we should have linked to this motion -- but didn't, so i've attached it to this note).  in that letter, we co-chairs are pretty emphatic that the "go ahead with Phase II" option is a bad idea, and that sentence is part of our justification as to why we think that way.

sorry for soo terse.  hope this helps.  happy to discuss on the call

mikey