[CWG-DT-Stewardship] Question of Names only group?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jul 14 20:32:02 UTC 2014

hi,

I was new to the group today and that seemed to be a decsion that had
already been made.  But I don't understand it.

Has the ASO refused to participate?  Since the NRO and the ASO each have
representatives, I am assuming that they are not one and the same.  So
perhaps there are issues of ICANN's relationship to this whole thing
that they may be interested in.

It does not seem reasonable to me to give up the idea of a CCWG that
works on the entire ICANN aspect of the transition and that includes at
least possibly, all ACSO.  I tend to think there may be issues that are
larger than just names among the ICANN aspects of this transition.

But of course if the ASO and others have all said, no, no way, not even
interested in looking at your charter, then ok.  Otherwise, I would like
to understand better.

thanks

avri