[Cwg-framework-principles] Confirmation of Co-Chairs for our Working Group

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Jun 9 18:53:28 UTC 2014

Dear CWG members,

I am pleased to inform you that at the last meeting on 5 June Becky Burr
(ccNSO) and John Berard (GNSO), our interim co-chairs, were nominated to be
our permanent co-chairs by Cheryl Langdon Orr, with Allan Macgillivray as
seconder. Becky and John have graciously accepted their nominations and
unless there are any objections staff will forward their names to the ccNSO
and GNSO Councils ­ the two original chartering organizations for this CWG ­
for their confirmation.

Congratulations and thank you, Becky and John!

During the call, participants also expressed a wish for staff to work with
Becky and John to appoint a third co-chair, possibly from another SO/AC, to
support them in their work. As such, we will be approaching the relevant
SO/AC chairs to seek their input and assistance on this point soon.

The recording, transcripts and documents from the 5 June meeting can be
found on the group wiki space here: https://community.icann.org/x/TqHhAg

Please note that the next meeting will be held during the ICANN50 meeting in
London, on Monday 23 June at 1330 London time. Please see the London meeting
schedule for final details closer to the time, including remote
participation instructions and other information:
http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule-full#23jun14

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong