[CWG-RFP3] Is there is a more suitable legal jurisdiction for anIANA subsidiary?

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:28:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose there has been some discussion of putting IANA, Inc. in a
> different jurisdiction -- which goes back to the original question of what
> jurisdictional concerns do stakeholders actually have?

You got that right!  And it stems from the common and sustained political
undercurrent to this entire debate, what some bluntly - and maybe
intemperately - refer as 'US control'. This is what makes separability and
jurisdiction like conjoined twins; one goes everywhere with the other until
you decided to maybe sacrifice one or other.

To dismiss - or rather ignore - it will not let it go away. And, naysaying
does violence to reason.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799