[CWG-Stewardship] Remember to send questions and comments to legal advice from Sidley Austin

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Sat Apr 11 17:13:12 UTC 2015

Hi

Paul said:

/I agree the external contract co does not work (based on Sidley's
advise //given in Istanbul), but we need to have proper legal advise as
how best to have a (limited and defined scope) affiliated company,
within the ICANN Community, responsible for Stewardship./

I don't see this as going back to an external model or changing course.
I see this as more of a variation on the affiliate model which is one of
the options being explored.

Matthew

On 4/10/2015 11:09 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Milton,
>
> I was not suggesting that we should seek legal advice on this; that
> would be changing course.  What I was trying to say is that we
> shouldn’t change course until such time that we get information that
> invalidates our current direction such as new legal advice as they
> continue to do what we asked them to do, i.e., further explore the two
> options currently on the table.
>
> Chuck

Matthew Shears
Global Internet Policy and Human Rights