[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - Draft Transition Plan V3.2

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Apr 18 13:58:42 UTC 2015

Marika:
And to everyone in the CWG, this draft seems to be a big step toward the completion of the CWG's work, and I am sure the version that comes out Monday or Tuesday will increase confidence among people following the process that the names community can deliver something in time for the BA meeting.

I had some questions and possibly some simple modifications to Section III.A, which is in effect the preamble to the proposal. There you have two bullet points:

 * ICANN to continue as IANA Functions Operator for the Naming Related Services through the creation of a Post-Transition IANA (PTI)

 * Establishment of service level agreement between the PTI and the IANA Functions Operator for the Naming Related Services

In the first bullet point, would it not be more informative and accurate to say, "...through the creation of a legally separate affiliate Post-Transition IANA?"

The second bullet point puzzles me. Wouldn't we be talking about the establishment of a SLA between ICANN and the PTI, not between PTI and itself?