[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - Draft Report for Singapore

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Feb 2 06:47:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 02-Feb-15 00:07, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> The first point you make in this report, which apparently was drafted
> by ICANN staff, is “Overall there was very strong support for the
> current IANA operator (ICANN) and that the IANA functions should not
> be moved from ICANN, or tendered for, at the onset of the transition.”
> Taken out of context, this statement makes it seem as if there is
> little support for separability.

And yet what is says appears  true as it stands, no mater who wrote it.

I think the misapprehension some might get could be fixed by adding a
clause at the begining that says While separability has been supported
as a basic principle of the process, and is supported by a most of the
participants, overal there is ....

I was traveling when this came out am still reading the report and will
add my personal views on the report later in the day.  At this point I
should emphasise that these reviews will all be personal and will not be
an NCSG position - I do not think we have time to reach such a consensus
even among the our smaller tracking group in the next day.  If perchance
we do, I will inform the list of that condition.