[CWG-Stewardship] Notes, Recordings, Transcript CWG IANA #24 26 FEB

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Feb 26 17:51:47 UTC 2015

Dear Lise and Jonathan,

On 26/02/2015 18:30, Brenda Brewer wrote:

> *Action item*: Develop list of all DT proposed and templates submitted.
>
> *Action item*: Chairs to confirm during next meeting which DT are
> active and which ones are in the funnel

I am still unclear about how these DTs are being created. The guidelines
published on https://community.icann.org/x/pAknAw say the following:

*/Composition /*

The proposal for a Design Team must include:

  * A lead participant responsible for delivering the work product to
    the CWG
  * A list of potential participants as well as their Statement of
    Interest (SOI) and qualification for the design team (1 paragraph)

The Design Team Lead is responsible for coordinating the work, updating
the CWG at its weekly meetings and most importantly delivering the results.

Unless there are clear requirements to the contrary a Design Team should
typically involve [5] participants but not more than [7].

Yet, I do not understand how the "list of potential participants" is put
together. Is there a public call for participants? If there isn't then
how is someone to know this DT is being created? Indeed, absent a call
for participants, I would say we run the risk of creating unbalanced
Design Teams. I totally understand the skillsets needed for the Design
Teams but when I say "unbalanced", I mean that a group of people wishing
to push one particular agenda forward could create a Design Team.

I would therefore appreciate clarification from the Co-Chairs regarding
the "list of potential participants".

Kindest regards,

Olivier