[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA's Role in Root Zone Management

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:35:10 UTC 2015

David, unfortunately, I think you are misusing my claim of "uniqueness."  I
go on to say that we should "borrow heavily from the "playbooks" of
existing non-profits and private companies (whether publicly-traded or
not), [but]their solutions will need to be customized (more or less) to
suit our situation."  And as I've stated to Olivier, I think we have a
great deal to learn from corporate governance methods for "for profit"
companies as well as non-profits.  I think Chuck is using Verisign because
he is familiar with it -- not because it is a unique paragon of corporate
accountability.  We can substitute another company from another country
with basically the same result.

These type of non-substantive arguments really take us away from the actual
pros and cons of ideas and proposals.-- that is the real "red herring"
problem to me, and we seem to be accumulating enough red herrings to
open a *Hollandse
nieuwe haring* stand in Amsterdam....