[DTA - SLE] SLE Working Group - going forward.....
Paul M Kane - CWG
paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 11:08:04 UTC 2015
I am pleased to advise we are making good progress now... and in light of the
winding down of the CWG - to ensure our work is empowered to continue as
discussd last week, may I propose that we rename DT-A - the SLE Ad-hoc Working
Group (SLE WG).
1) The CWG has the work of the SLE Design Team as a Community initiative in the
proposal - I ask that Design Team will be renamed to SLE Ad-Hoc Working Group
2) IANA and Adam (my guy) are going to refine the SLE and then present that to
the WG for adoption (approx 4 weeks to finish).
3) Once agreed, IANA will develop an Implementation plan (2 weeks) including an
internal ICANN request for Technical Resources.
4) The Implementation plan needs NTIA approval (Kim and I will work with NTIA to
secure approval) - 2 weeks.
5) Once NTIA has approved, the resources to extract the times needed will be
deployed.- 1 month
6) IANA will then for 2 to 3 months run a trial capturing real world transaction
information and provide that to the WG
7) With real world data (that IANA is comfortable with) - we will populate the
agreed thresholds for the SLE.
8) With the SLE data specified (Jan/Feb 2016), the SLE will be in place and
ready for the Implementation Phase.Checking of the SLE during the Implementation
9) SLE in place from the date of Transition !
Hope this is helpful
More information about the dt1