[Gac-gnso-cg] here are the notes from today's teleconference

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Tue Mar 4 15:07:44 UTC 2014

hi all,

here are those notes that i was taking during our call.  they’re included as text in this email, and i’ve also attached a copy of the “mind map” file that i was creating.  if you would like to open the file in that mind-map format, you can use this free, open source program Freemind to do that.  here’s a link to the Freemind download page — it works on Mac, PC and Linux machines

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download

mikey

GAC GNSO - 4-March

+- Singapore plan of action
+- Organize content we present
Background
Charter
Workstreams
Questions we want feedback on
Example: Preliminary inventory of WGs, indicating possible areas of focus

Develop questions we might ask
Get ready for a rehearsal of the meeting on the 18th
+- Prepare/distribute materials in advance of the meeting?
Caution: risk of overwhelming people
Note: we aren't working under standard structures, so we need to provide sufficient documentation
Charter - yes
Slide deck - maybe not
Have details available for people who are interested - links included in the announcement?
+- Schedule of session
+- Length?
Total -- 1 hour
This topic - minimum of 30 minutes
Proportion to presentation?

+- Structure and content of Singapore meeting
+- Feedback on our work to date
Elements of the work
Not detailed feedback
perhaps by some date subsequent to Singapore -- perhaps 2 weeks
+- Goals
+- obtain approval on work and approach to date
sign off on Charter
where are we now, how did we get here, how do we wish to proceed?
report on progress to date
bring everybody along -- educate/inform -- buy-in
look for items we've overlooked
agree on a way forward
+- Level of detail
Direction rather than detailed work product
Coordinate with the broader update between GNSO and GAC

+- Actions
+- Move items from PDP to DTD work track
Secretariat coordination
+- Develop outline of the presentation
Done?
+- Build draft presentation for review on the list prior to 18-March meeting
Mikey
+- Announce 18-March meeting
do an early call for participation
we can cancel it if we don't need it