[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 18 March 2014 1400 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Mar 18 19:08:27 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group
teleconference held on Tuesday  18 March 2014 at 1400 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140318-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar

 The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt
Ana Neves -  Portugal

Suzanne Radel  - USA

GNSO Council

Jonathan Robinson - co-chair - Registries Stakeholder Group

Mikey O'Connor -Internet Service Providers & Connectivity Providers
Constituency
Amr Elsadr - Non Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG)

David Cake - GNSO vice chair

Apology: none

ICANN Staff:

Marika Konings

Nathalie Peregrine

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Chat transcript:
  Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on Early
Engagement meeting of 18 March 2014

  Jonathan Robinson:Hi guys.  I'll try adobe mic before dialling in

  Jonathan Robinson:Dialing in

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Ana Neves has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Ana, we are currently trying to dial out to you,
would you still like to be joined on the audio bridge too or have you
enabled your AC mic?

  Ana Neves:I think I cannot talk but I'm listening. That's fine for the
time being...

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr Elsadr has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@Ana, we are still trying to dial out to you.

  Amr Elsadr:dialling in now.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all. Had some trouble dialling in, but all good now.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We have not yet dialled out to Ana

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We are still trying

  Amr Elsadr:@Jonathan: +1. That's been my idea on how to move forward as
well.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake has joined the AC room

  Jonathan Robinson:Welcome David

  David Cake:My aologies for my lateness in joining the call

  Marika Konings:FYI, access to the wiki should now be enabled for everyone
(incl. non-registered users): https://community.icann.org/x/phPRAg

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Marika. I just checked a couple of mintues ago. This has
just been done now, right? :)

  Marika Konings:However, adding comments is restricted to registered users
(to prevent spam).

  Marika Konings:@Amr, yes correct. I just received a confirmation.

  Amr Elsadr:Tusen takk. :)

  suzanne radell:I agree with Manal's suggested approach.

  Mike O'Connor:yep -- it's working

  Amr Elsadr:@Mikey: There is the motion to approve the charter from the
GNSO side.

  suzanne radell:Agree with Jonathan re adding Singapore as target for
"approval"

  Ana Neves:sorry, but my call is not working properly. Jonathan, you just
said thta we might have some problems at the GNSO Council's level?

  Mike O'Connor:i'll push a candidate for final-draft out to the list after
the call

  Amr Elsadr:I don't suspect there will be problems.

  Mike O'Connor:i agree -- pretty safe bet

  Ana Neves:ok. so, discussion in Singapore and approval later on?

  Ana Neves:ok. Got it! Thanks.

  suzanne radell:Re a meeting of our group, I'm in favor of an informal get
together, and also think we could invite other interested members of our
respective groups to come along as well.

  Ana Neves:absolutely! +1

  Manal:+1 Suzanne

  Marika Konings:16.30 - 18.30

  Marika Konings:on Sunday has been set aside for SG/C meetings

  suzanne radell:If I recall, Brian Winterfeldt also proposed informal
drinks at Raffles, but I can't recall if he meant Sunday or Monday

  David Cake:sunday is free as far as I'm aware

  Amr Elsadr:Not really, the Fellowship social gathering. :) I say this as a
Fellowship alumni. :)

  Marika Konings:I'll check with Glen who is already on the ground to see
what can be arranged

  Marika Konings:We actually did do a doodle:
http://doodle.com/r7mspcwgu8qkxav2

  Amr Elsadr:Yes. We did.

  Amr Elsadr:The Monday hour would be over lunch.

  suzanne radell:If Glen can look into a location, perhaps the Raffles back
bar with the veranda would work?  The Fairmont bar, if I recall, is a bit
dim; I never tried the SwissHotel bar.

  Mike O'Connor:i'm fine with Sunday

  Mike O'Connor:+1 Raffles bar!

  Amr Elsadr:This'll be my first visit to Singapore, but Raffles seems to be
popular.

  Amr Elsadr::)

  Ana Neves:agree with Marika

  David Cake:Agree with Suzanne.

  Manal:I believe we were talking about a room with refreshments not for a
meeting set-up

  Ana Neves:right, Manal

  suzanne radell:Actually, there is a separate bar at Raffles; VeriSign had
their reception there three years ago

  Ana Neves:otherwise I don't think we will have any outcome... honestly...

  David Cake:There are several bars at Raffles IIRC

  suzanne radell:Ana, what I had in mind as an "outcome" is to have more
colleagues drawn to this project

  Ana Neves:ok, Suz :-)

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. See you all soon. :)

  Ana Neves:safe travels!

  David Cake:See you all in Singapore.