[Gac-gnso-cg] FW: [Ntfy-gac-gnso-cg] REMINDER: Meeting Invitation: GAC GNSO Consultation Meeting, Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 14:00 UTC

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Nov 18 11:19:59 UTC 2014

Hi Manal, all,

In an attempt to help move the conversation forward in the direction of the development of a straw man proposal, I thought it might be helpful to put some ideas on paper based on our conversations to date in the form of a flow chart (see attached – page 2). This may assist in visualising how such a quick look mechanism could work and what steps might be involved. Please note that this is just a first draft to help inspire conversations and as such, none of these proposed steps should be taken as set in stone or as required elements.

In relation to triage, from my perspective that would be a separate process from the quick look mechanism. The quick look mechanism could be one of the recommendations of the triage committee to take as a next step. A way triage could for example work is:

  1.  All requests are centrally received (GAC secretariat?) and a brief checklist is completed by the receiving entity. Such a checklist could include for example, who made the request, what is being asked (e.g. input, participation, FYI), and what is the deadline for input. Acknowledgment is provided to the requestor, including how the request will be dealt with by the triage committee.
  2.  The checklist and request are submitted to the triage committee which based on the information provided makes a recommendation on whether the GAC should respond positively to the request or not. If the recommendation is that the GAC should respond positively to the request, the recommendation could include suggestions for what next steps should be taken in order to fulfil this request (e.g. If the request relates to input on a Preliminary Issue Report, the triage committee could recommend use of the quick look mechanism).
  3.  All recommendations are sent to the GAC / GAC leadership (it may be possible that certain categories of requests can be managed by the GAC leadership while others may need to full GAC to review?) for their consideration. Based on feedback/comments, triage committee recommendations are either adopted or modified.
  4.  If feasible, requestors are informed of outcome, and/or results could be posted on web-site for review (similar to what the ccNSO Council does).

Just my two cents ;-)

Best regards,

Marika