[Gac-gnso-cg] Meeting Agenda - October 7th 2014

Suzanne Radell SRadell at ntia.doc.gov
Thu Oct 9 18:08:03 UTC 2014

Hi all, I've inserted some comments in the slide deck for LA for your consideration.  In connection with them, I've drafted the following questions to be put to the GAC membership in LA as well; please let me know if they are in line with your recent discussions, which I have regrettably not been able to join.  My sense is that the questions could be raised either during or after the three slides labeled "Early Awareness" and I'd be happy to handle this if you haven't already determined a lead.  Thanks in advance for your feedback and see you soon, Suz

1.       Based on the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group's assessment of the survey results, it seems clear that more information is needed from the GAC membership as to the type and frequency of material that would assist the GAC in arriving at an early and better understanding of what issues pending before the GNSO require GAC attention.  The GAC-GNSO Consultation Group would ask GAC members to share their thoughts regarding the specific suggestions outlined in the slide deck:  do they provide a good starting point?

2.      Noting that two of the concerns raised in the survey relate to both the volume of work and confusion as to the timeframe for contributions, would it make sense to experiment with an approach that identifies those issues that are just at the beginning stage in the GNSO (e.g. the initial Issues Report)?

3.      If the GAC were to create some form of "quick look" mechanism, what is the best way to do that?  Should we implement the suggestions proposed and determine, by the next ICANN/GAC meeting, whether implementing these suggestions meets the GAC's needs?

4.      Or should we consider creating a GAC-GNSO working group that would help share the responsibility for monitoring GNSO developments among a larger number of GAC members?

Suzanne Murray Radell
Senior Policy Advisor, NTIA/OIA
sradell at ntia.doc.gov
202-482-3167