[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 11 December 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Dec 11 17:33:44 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 11 December  at 14:00 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141211-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20141211-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#dec

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

Peter Green (Zhang Zuan)-NCUC

Jim Galvin - RySG

Justine Chew – Individual

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Emily Taylor – RrSG

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana – GAC

Mae Suchayapim Siriwat – GAC

Wanawit Ahkuputra – GAC

Apologies:

None

ICANN staff:

Julie Hedlund

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 11 December 2014:

  Terri Agnew: Dear all, Welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG call on 11 December 2014

  Amr Elsadr:Hi all.

  Chris Dillon:Hi Amr

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Mae Suchayapim Siriwat

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Justine Chew

  Amr Elsadr:There's a spelling mistake on page 3. I can point that out on-list.

  Amr Elsadr:@Chris: Not a lot as far as I could tell. :)

  Emily Taylor:Chris - a small point, my name seems to have fallen off the list of participants.

  Jim Galvin:+1 to Amr suggestion

  Emily Taylor:+1 from me

  Amr Elsadr:Replace "not be qualified to check it" with:

  Emily Taylor:Thanks Chris - no problem. Version control always a nightmare!

  Amr Elsadr:lack the language skills to accurately validate the contact information. This could create unresolvable difficulties in fulfilling contractual requirements between registrants and registrars as well as between registrars and ICANN.

  Petter Rindforth:I'm ok when it comes to mandatory

  Amr Elsadr:Oh. I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about not mandatory!! :)

  Amr Elsadr:I lost track of where we are as I was typing my comment above. Help? :)

  Petter Rindforth:I want it to be in this initial report

  Amr Elsadr:@Jim: +1. The last bullet seems very speculative to me.

  Justine Chew 2:Can someone who supports mandatory position say something?

  Justine Chew 2:Does the 5th bullet point under non-mandatory counter address the last 2 bullet points under mandatory?

  Emily Taylor:Agree, Chris.  It's a horrible term, and I don't think that its meaning is particularly clear even if you spell out the acronym.

  Emily Taylor:But it would be good if we just explain what we're talking about

  Amr Elsadr:@Justine: I don't think so. It only addresses the limitations of usefulness to language users, but not the issue of cross referencing and behaviour of bad actors.

  Justine Chew 2:@Chris, sure, thanks.

  Justine Chew 2:@Chris, @Amr: Thanks, just checking.

  Justine Chew 2:So I am happy Chris will look at this further.

  Emily Taylor:Think it is fairly expressed, Chris

  Amr Elsadr:@Emily: +1. If we want to make it clearer that we are seeking the public comment to better inform the consensus call, that could be added.

  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: I would like full consensus too, but we would need to identify a middle ground that does not involve mandatory transformation.

  Amr Elsadr:@Petter: We'd need your guidance and help on how that could be achieved.

  Petter Rindforth:I'll come back on that next year ;-)

  Amr Elsadr::-)

  Justine Chew 2:I support Jim's comment on "significant majority and distinct minority"

  Amr Elsadr:From a quantitative analysis perspective, "signifcant" is associated with statistical significant. No objection to removing the word. :-)

  Justine Chew 2:@Amr: Do we then get onto clear or absolute majority?

  Amr Elsadr:I don't mind just using majority and minority without the adjectives. Significant, the way we use it, seems rather subjective in its meaning.

  Petter Rindforth:I'm ok with "clear" if we have to add

  Jim Galvin:ok.  thanks Chris for the clarity (splitting hairs).  I get it

  Jim Galvin:i'm okay with dropping majority.

  Justine Chew 2:Drop the adjectives.

  Justine Chew 2:@Chris: LOL!

  Jim Galvin:close of  business everywhere.  :-)

  Amr Elsadr:@Jim: Very true.

  Amr Elsadr:We never really had that discussion.

  Jim Galvin:I have a hard stop today at the top of the hour.  I will need drop off in just a couple minutes.

  Amr Elsadr:Chris..., you're breaking up on my end.

  Justine Chew 2:@Amr, @Jim, @Chris: I sort of recall some discussion taking place which reflect what Jim has said. But yes, that has not been included in this document.

  Amr Elsadr:Is anyone else having trouble with the AC room audio?

  Petter Rindforth:The tech guides for the AC room is not translated... ;-)

  Jim Galvin:I need to go.  Are we meeting next week?

  Terri Agnew:Amr, please letme know and we can have the op dial out to you

  Julie Hedlund:I apologize everyone.  I have to drop off for another call.

  Petter Rindforth:Good idea to keep the meeting next week, even if it will be a short one

  Justine Chew 2:@Chris: I have a formatting request, please change all references to "WG" and "Group" to "Working Group" for consistency sake?

  Amr Elsadr:Sorry. Was disconnected for a few minutes.

  Emily Taylor:Thanks Chris

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks.

  Amr Elsadr:Bye all.

  Chris Dillon:Goodbye everyone