[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] Transformation required at the validation stage?

Dillon, Chris c.dillon at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 10:44:03 UTC 2014

Dear Jim,

That should certainly have been a qualified "no".

Original data are the best for validation. For example, a Chinese address is basically Chinese characters and that is the primary form. If data have been transformed, the transformation has to be high quality (i.e. probably not automated except possibly for some alphabetic scripts) and a check needs to be made that the transformed data match the original data.

Regards,

Chris.