[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting - 04 September 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Sep 4 20:57:50 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 04 September at 1300 UTC at:
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140904-en.mp3> http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-20140904-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Chris Dillon – NCSG

Jim Galvin – SSAC

Ubolthip Sethakaset – Individual

Wanawit Ahkuputra – GAC

Peter Dernbach- IPC

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana-GAC

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Peter Green (Zhang Zuan)-NCUC

Apologies:

Justine Chew- Individual

Amr Elsadr – NCUC

Rudi Vansnick – NPOC

Lindsay Hamilton Reid – RrSG

Jennifer Chung - RySG

ICANN staff:

Julie Hedlund

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Maryam Bakoshi

Nathalie Peregrine

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:  <http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx> http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 04 September 2014:

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working group call on the 04th September 2014

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:hello :)

  Chris Dillon:Hello everyone.

  Wanawit Ahkuputra:hello from.

  Wanawit Ahkuputra:IGF 2014 Istanbul

  Peter Dernbach:Hello everyone.

  Julie Hedlund:Hello everyone and welcome!

  Peter Green (CONAC):Hello since London meeting,sorry for missing several times

  Chris Dillon:Peter - No problem. It's nice to see you online.

  Peter Green (CONAC):Thanks Chris, nice to see you too

  Julie Hedlund:@Chris -- I have made you a host so that you can move the document as you run through it if you like.

  Peter Green (CONAC):In terms of "desirable" and "undesirable" to transform contact data, I think the point is we should focus on the extent to which how many people will access or need acess the WHOIS data that is not recorded in their own language community,t.For example, how many English-speaking users will or need access Chinese or Japanese or Thai WHOIS data.

  Petter Rindforth:Ok, then I understand and agree - generally.... ;-)

  Terri Agnew:We will find that line

  Peter Dernbach:Thanks Chris and all.

  Julie Hedlund:Thanks so much everyone!

  Pitinan Kooarmornpatana:thanks all