[Gnso-dmpm-wg] MP3 DMPM - Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 21:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Nov 19 02:05:19 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group call held on Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 21:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dmpm-20141118-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – ALAC

Jonathan Zuck – IPC

Pam Little – RySG

Andrew Merriam – RySG

Sonigitu Ekpe – NCUC

Nenad Orlic – ISPCP

Janvier Ngnoulaye – Individual

Olivier Kouami – NPOC

Marinel Rosca – Individual

Kayode Yussuf – IPC

Benjamin Akinmoyeje – no soi

Apologies:

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

ICANN staff:

Berry Cobb

Terri Agnew

Wiki page :  <https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag> https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 18 November 2014:

  Terri Agnew: Dear all, Welcome to the non-PDP Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group teleconference on 18 November 2014

  Marinel Rosca:Hello

  Nenad Orlic:hi

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Hi Berry, Terri and all

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Hello All! Thank you Terri and Berry.

  Nenad Orlic:ok

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Yes you make sense @ Jonathan

  Terri Agnew:Olevie Kouami has joined audio

  Terri Agnew:@Nenad it is difficult to hear you

  Berry Cobb:@Nenad, can you type your comment into the chat, it is difficult to hear you.

  Terri Agnew:Kayode Yussuf  has joined

  Pam Little:can hardly hear ...

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:very faint audio

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:I hope someone else is understanding because I am also cannot make it out

  Nenad Orlic:regarding tangible results for singapore meeting: i hope i will be in singapore i plan to be there

  Nenad Orlic:it is good thing that there was improved communication through mail list

  Nenad Orlic:since that enables everyone in group to think about this subject beyond this meetings

  Nenad Orlic:and that will speed us up

  Kayode Yussuf:Hi eceryone

  Kayode Yussuf:Hi eceryone

  Nenad Orlic:i hope trend will continue and that we will increase email communication

  Nenad Orlic:regarding use case in review

  Nenad Orlic:i work at registrar

  Nenad Orlic:and was member of board at cctld

  Nenad Orlic:i know that when it comes to exchange of data

  Nenad Orlic:A LOT is about personal trust

  Nenad Orlic:between persons exchanging information

  Nenad Orlic:that made me think

  Nenad Orlic:is it in our mandate to reccomend WHO should collect data?

  Nenad Orlic:is it our job as WG to reccomend that thata whould be collected by WG working on specific problem

  Nenad Orlic:or data should be collected through icann body task exclusivly with that job

  Nenad Orlic:hope i made myself clear this time :)

  Jonathan Zuck:thanks Nenad. I'll address in a minute

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:I think the  task of the WG  is on policy, but not focus more on collecting data

  Sonigitu Ekpe:We data to be able to frame and develop policies that are evidence based.

  Sonigitu Ekpe:(We need data)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Pam all clear

  Sonigitu Ekpe:+1 to Pam's point.

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:The issue is who will collect data ?

  Nenad Orlic:would they give it to Nenad Orlic for needs of this WG? :)

  Nenad Orlic:and now we come to the issue of writing NDA for members of working groups that need to collect data...  :)

  Terri Agnew:Benjamin Akinmoyeje  has joined audio

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:There is a clause which solves this inside the document: the  last line: "Third party provider to aggregate Registrar data will be required;..

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:Yes it makes sense

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:It's fine by me.

  Nenad Orlic:bye

  Marinel Rosca:Thank you

  Janvier Ngnoulaye:OK than k you Jonathan

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Thank you.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:buye