[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick Whois Transition Policy draft v4

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 27 17:13:51 UTC 2016

Hi Dennis,
Maybe we are going the wrong way here and we mixing things.

We discussed the alternative because it came up during a discussion
within the RrSG. And I think Jennifer Gore mentioned this on the list.
Now I think, but Chris Pelling can most likely bring some clarity here
on why he proposed to use the RDE data for the migration, and I think
but I am not sure, his reasoning was to speed things up. But I will let
Chris weigh in on that one.

But if that is the case and combine the fact that we also said not to
use the RDE deposit approach as an alternative bulk method then we might
want to backtrack on this alternative approach altogether.

I cannot come up with a good argument that justifies an alternative bulk
method while the Registrar in question has to make the EPP modifications
anyways (May 2018). But perhaps Jennifer can weigh in on this? I have a
feeling that we are mixing a few conversations and emails into
requirements for no good reason.

Theo