[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Re: REMINDER: Actions/Next Meeting is 03 December

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Dec 3 19:26:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

Re:  Email voting: Avri Doria and Thomas Rickert will work on an approach.

I am afraid I have only just thinking about it, and have not spoken to Thomas

So, just so I won't have done nothing:

Hi Thomas,

In thinking about this, a need to make sure we don't lose track of the principle that says all issues must have adequate discussion.

Some initial questions.

-  must this be done on a tele-conference or some similar synchronous activity, or can it be via email or some other asynchronous process.
-  can a call for such a vote be done on email and what sort of process works for that?  Or must the call be made in a quota-met mtg.
-  would such a call need to be a consensus call?

- could we use the current procedures for an incomplete vote continued online, or would we need a new procedure.

- how often does this need to happen?  Does it need to happen?

What do you think?

Cheers,

Oh, and I can only do the first half of the meeting.

Avri Doria