[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Charter revision -- what is our goal?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jun 6 19:53:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

To add.  I approached it as a clean-up.  There were some anachronisms that need cleaning up based on the closing of OSC and PSC.

Some, those who wanted to change the way decisions were made, might have wanted to go beyond clean-up.

I am not sure that anyone was looking to give the SCI more function, but it is hard to be sure.  Certainly not one of my goals.

I think the SCI works best when it has precious little to do, and I do not agree with an SCI that goes looking for work.  Except for the periodic process reviews, which we have not done yet, I think all the rest of SCI work should be driven by the Council or Council chartered working groups.

But with questions like that, I am so glad you are on the SCI now

avri