[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Updated Electronic Voting language

Shatan, Gregory S. GShatan at reedsmith.com
Tue Aug 5 00:04:27 UTC 2014

All:

My proposed revisions are attached.  After re-reading the proposal and portions of the Operating Procedures, I'm more comfortable with the language, so my changes are more tweaks and organizational in nature.

I would note, however, that while we are referring to this as "electronic voting" language, and the document is saved under the name "Remote or Electronic Voting Language", the proposal itself is about "voting outside a meeting."  (I've changed the title in the document .)  There is a statement that voting should "normally" be by electronic means, but that is the only explicit reference to electronic voting.  I'm not objecting to this, since it gives the GNSO Council maximum flexibility.  However, if anyone is expecting to see an "electronic voting" proposal as such, they might be slightly surprised; we may want to explain that when we send it back.

Best regards,

Greg