[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Action items: SCI Meeting 05 August

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Aug 5 21:07:42 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Just following up on Action Item #2: the ICANN Bylaws provide for the
election of two Board members by the GNSO (one from the Contracted Parties
House, and one from the Non-Contracted Parties House). What the GNSO
Operating Procedures require in that regard is a set of rules for such an
election by each House, to be added as an Annex to the GNSO Operating
Procedures. I¹m informed that the Secretariat is already working with the
CPH to finalize their rules, and will do the same with the NCPH after they
elect a candidate for Board Seat 14 (which they are currently in the process
of doing). As such, while there is an item to be developed for the Operating
Procedures, it is currently "in process" and so the SCI will not be required
to review the existing provisions in the GNSO Operating Procedures at this

FYI, the pertinent provision in the Operating Procedures states:

"Each House is responsible for establishing its own internal procedures for
nominations, interviews, voting, and candidate selection; however, those
processes must be documented and forwarded to the GNSO Council for inclusion
as ANNEXES to the GNSO Operating Procedures.²

I hope this is helpful.


Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN)
Telephone: +1 603 574 4892
Email: mary.wong at icann.org

From:  Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org>
Date:  Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM
To:  "gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org" <gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org>
Subject:  [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Action items: SCI Meeting 05 August

> Dear All,
> Please find below the action items from the call on 05 August. These also are
> posted to the wiki at:
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosci/05+August+2014.  Our next meeting
> is tentatively scheduled for 09 September at the usual time.  Please let us
> know if you have concerns about availability that day.
> Best regards,
> Julie
> Julie Hedlund, Policy Director
> SCI Meeting Actions ­ 05 August
> 1. Waiver of 10-Day Motion and Voting Outside of a Council Meeting: 1) Staff
> will send the final language out for consensus call (consensus must be
> unanimous); 2) If consensus is achieved combine with other changes to the
> Operating Procedures for public comment.
> 2.  Board Seat 14 Election: Staff will check to see if there is any activity
> happening elsewhere.
> 3.  Next Meeting: Tentatively scheduled for 09 September.
> 4.  LA SCI Meeting: Staff will request a slot.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20140805/9d6832e3/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5033 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20140805/9d6832e3/smime.p7s>

More information about the Gnso-improvem-impl-sc mailing list