[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Agenda for First Meeting of the Discussion Group for New gTLD Subsequent Rounds

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Aug 5 23:13:04 UTC 2014

be of an introductory nature. The proposed agenda is:
> Roll Call / Statements of Interest

Suggestion: only reading SoI for people that do not have GNSO SOIs (or have updates to), to shorten up this part.

> Applicability of ICANN principles of transparency and openness
> Items for initial review -  GNSO Resolution forming this group, GNSO Working Group Guidelines, GNSO Policy Development Process (to serve as a reference point for the DG)
> Discussion of Work Plan – Review of Interim Chair's Draft Work Plan and discussion of alternatives and tools for completing work
> Election of DG Leaders – The DG may elect to have co-chairs or vice-chairs. Once selected, the DG Chair(s) will need to be confirmed by the GNSO Council.

May I suggest that no attempt to see vice-chairs as representation of that constituency in the group ? It's so much simpler to have 2 (either chair/vice-chair, co-chair/co-chair, chair/alternate chair) leaders instead of a complex structure... since *-chairs only have coordination but no definition role, it's of no use to see too much into the roles.

Rubens