[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Attendance and MP3 New gTLDs meeting - Monday 11 August 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Sep 8 17:42:07 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  call held on Monday 08 September 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-20140908-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Dan Rodgers - RrSG

Brett Fausett - RySG

Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Martin Sutton - BC

Susan Payne - IPC

Craig Schwartz - Applicant

Jennifer Wolfe - Non Commerical

Stuart Fuller -RrSG

Stephanie Duchesneau - RySG

Iliya Bazlyankov - RrSG

Avri Doria - NCSG

JC Vignes - NTAG

Lucie Loos - Individual

Tom Lowenhaupt - ALAC

Sam Lanfranco - NPOC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Alexander Schubert- Individual

Donna Austin-RrSG

Volker Greimann – RrSG/GNSO Council Chair

Jeff Neuman-RySG

Jeffrey Eckhaus-RySG

Mason Cole-RySG

Anthony Harris-ISPCP

William Ellis-RrSG

Tijani Ben Jemaa-ALAC

Dan Kelleher-RrSG

Liz Williams- RySG

Michelle Sara King – SOI

Christopher Niemi-SOI

Apologies:

Philip Corwin – BC

Stephane van Gelder – BC

Katim Touray – Individual

Rubens Kuhl - RySG

Ron Andruff – BC

Thomas Rickert - NomCom GNSO Council

Bart Lieben-SOI

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Trang Nguyen

Steve Chan

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 08 September 2014:

    Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  on the 08th September 2014

  Tobias Sattler:Hi there

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Tobias

  Alan Greenberg:Waiting to get on bridge.

  Terri Agnew:@Alan, I have alerted the operator

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:Good morning everyone. We'll get started in just another minute or so.

  Alan Greenberg:Only been 2 minutes - not bad as these things go.

  Michelle Sara King--FairWinds Partners:I am waiting to get on a phone bridfe too

  Michelle Sara King--FairWinds Partners:been waiting for a few minutes

  Volker Greimann:Good afternoon

  Michelle Sara King--FairWinds Partners:oops phone bridge. It's only been a few minutes

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):me 2

  Alan Greenberg:Now 4 minutes...

  Iliya Bazlyankov:hi All. Joining the call, but no operatiors available.

  Alan Greenberg:On now.

  Terri Agnew:Apologies for the delay on audio. Operator has been alerted

  Michelle Sara King--FairWinds Partners:I'm on now as well.

  Michelle Sara King--FairWinds Partners:Thanks.

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):Stephanie and I from Neustar are on

  Susan Payne Valideus:Bret you keep cutting out

  Tobias Sattler:yes

  Susan Payne Valideus:yes

  Iliya Bazlyankov:on now

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):Do we have a consolidated list of those issues?

  Alan Greenberg:Yes, 3+ weeks really needed due to summer vacations and such.

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:Alan, I have you in the queue.

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:If you are in Adobe and want to be recognized to speak, please "raise your hand"

  Terri Agnew:the following have joined after roll call: Christopher Niemi, JF Vanden Eynde, Lucie Loos, Stuart Fuller, Jeffrey Eckhaus, Tony Holmes, Jason dignes, Mason Cole and Anthony Harris

  Terri Agnew:William Ellis has joined

  Susan Payne Valideus:Steve please can you make sure it doesn't conflict with the NTAG meeting on Weds (time also tbc)

  Terri Agnew:Tijani Ben Jemaa has joined

  Steve Chan:Susan, can you please let me know what the expected time of that meeting is going to be

  Susan Payne Valideus:I will check - not sure I have that yet

  Steve Chan:Please note though that we are aware that there should be no conflict with the NTAG meeting

  Avri Doria:i favor a remidial round just for the developing economies that were left out of the last round.  I have not written this up to submit yet, but will.

  Volker Greimann:I would like to see more applicants from other regions, however the same standards will need to apply. Otherwise location shopping will increase

  Alan Greenberg:Volker, no one has said anything else (I think).

  Avri Doria:Since the AGB did a horrible job in its interpretation of theose 19 points, they need to be rewritten to make clear.

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Volker, do you have suggestions how to achieve this and avoid the location shopping?

  william ellis:does anyone have a link to the 19 policy points? thanks

  Volker Greimann:I think the application fees should go down in general, making appliacations more affordable for anyone.

  Volker Greimann:Porer regions would also be able to leverage lower employment costs for their staff

  Volker Greimann:Poorer

  Steve Chan:William, I've added the 19 points to the Wiki

  Steve Chan:Also included are the Principles and Implementation Guidelines

  Volker Greimann:The applicant support program would also have to be reviewed

  william ellis:thanks steve

  Steve Chan:And here is a link to Final Report itself: http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/new-gtlds/pdp-dec05-fr-parta-08aug07.htm#_Toc43798015

  Sam Lanfranco:When ICANN grants a gTLD it is selling a property with a future ICANN revenue stream. A cost recovery formula should include consideration of the future revenue stream and not just the application process costs. ICANN should not amortize its own gTLD investment costs up front on the backs of applicants.

  Terri Agnew:Trang Nguyen has joined audio

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Steve, can you share that mind map?

  Glen de Saint Gery:Trang is staff, don't know if you know

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Tks.

  Volker Greimann:@Sam: That might invite applicants for high risk applications, where they may never see a dime. If ICANN prepays the costs for applications, this would follow

  Avri Doria:hard to speak to a mindmap we have not seen, but the idea is good.

  Terri Agnew:Liz Williams has joined

  Sam Lanfranco:@Volker: There is some middle group between the two extremes.

  Alan Greenberg:Not clear it should be ICANN that is investing venture capital into new TLDs.

  Sam Lanfranco:@Alan: ICANN is "investing" in its own future revenue stream as well.

  Susan Payne Valideus:thanks everyone

  Avri Doria:Alan a good use for auction 'income'?

  Tobias Sattler:Thanks everyone

  Avri Doria:bye all

  Tobias Sattler:bye

  william ellis:thanks all, bye