[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Any Recent Activity

Bret Fausett bret at uniregistry.link
Wed Feb 18 19:48:58 UTC 2015

>  No objections to the schedule, but it seems like we are losing a lot of time.  If you need help with the work plan or any of the documents, let me know.  It seems like we have fallen off time targets and it would be great to be in a position to start a pdp on this soon.  <>
I think the Los Angeles meeting took some wind out of our sails, as my sense of the room was that we needed to wait for further inputs and work in parallel to some external processes. We now have received the Staff report but we still have other reviews of which we will need to take account in preparing the Draft Charter and in the policy work that will take place later.

I don’t know that starting the policy process earlier necessarily means that subsequent rounds will start earlier, but I appreciate the need to move forward, with due consideration of the big picture and the many reviews now underway, and thank you for kick-starting this. Steve and I spoke in Singapore about having bi-weekly calls from now to completion, so look for an invite and schedule in the next few days. I’d really like to get this to the Names Council for approval before or at the Buenos Aires meeting, so let’s think about a work plan that will allow that to happen.

To your point at the Council meeting in Singapore, I’d like to get some staff input on the required public comment periods prior to launching a PDP. We had talked about having a public comment period just for our draft report, but if the same report, more or less, is going to pass through a mandatory public comment period at some in the near term, I think we should develop a work plan that uses the mandatory comment period and skips the elective comment period. No point in have two comment period on essentially the same piece of work. Perhaps Marika or Steve could update us on what is required between now and launching the formal PDP.

          Bret

--
Bret Fausett, Esq.
General Counsel, Uniregistry, Corp.