[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] WT1 Jan 10th Call Outcomes, Follow-Ups, Further Discussion and Future Topics

Sara Bockey sbockey at godaddy.com
Mon Jan 30 15:14:09 UTC 2017

Dear all,

If you have not yet, please review the below information before tomorrow’s call.

Thanks,

Sara

From: Christa Taylor <christa at dottba.com>
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM
To: "gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1 at icann.org" <gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1 at icann.org>
Cc: Sara Bockey <sbockey at godaddy.com>, Christa Taylor <christa at dottba.com>
Subject: WT1 Jan 10th Call Outcomes, Follow-Ups, Further Discussion and Future Topics

Thank-you to all who joining the WT1 call this morning (January 10th).

As mentioned, we will be utilizing more email lists to solicit feedback and making progress to meet deadlines.

Application Queuing
Outcomes:

  *   First come, first served was discussed and the lottery system which was the method used in round one was thought to be most relevant.
  *   Vote on whether to keep the current lottery system: yes/no -- lottery system 10 approvals and no objections.  This is based on the assumption that rounds will be used and are similar to the first round, a prioritization based on the type of application such as IDNs can be used.
  *   We seem to have consensus but please send an email to the chairs, co-chairs and working group along with an explanation why the decision is believed to be in error in time for the next meeting.  Next meeting, we will review the above along with any comments received to ensure we have full consensus.