[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] Recording, Attendance, AC recording, AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 – Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Tue Sep 5 22:15:17 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email. The AC recording and AC Chat are listed below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 – Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held on Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording: https://participate.icann.org/p64hbbzg59r/<https://participate.icann.org/p64hbbzg59r/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=f0f4dcd59786ab91f6008d03e03bc2edb0041973f05ef183d70cdae027853382>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/7hkhB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 5 September 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach on Tuesday, 05 September 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

  Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_7hkhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=jTKnXgR-kkEDUBQivBCJsm9GPnMfw8yW4vex6u-8Cjg&s=WdMcnH0c6UT43NimjSd-ukq6LMwCDggOeOE3qb1mPA4&e=

  Vanda Scartezini:hi Julie,

  Julie Bisland:hello Vanda :)

  Vanda Scartezini:already muted my phone

  Julie Bisland:excellent, thank you and welcome :)

  Vanda Scartezini:my office is in a large avenue and has always people singign in the street with lots of noise...

  Julie Bisland:oh my! sounds lovely (until you need quiet time) :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Vanda has a stunning view I have seen some great post by Jorge

  Emily Barabas:slides are now unsynced so everyone can zoom as needed to read the text

  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:I do see the page counter - x/23 - but can't see any slides. Anyone else?

  Rubens Kuhl:Katrin, normal for me using Firefox.

  Julie Bisland:Katrin, you may need to log out and back in.

  Christa Taylor:Working here as well

  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:I see... :-/ Workaround has been downloading it.

  Alan Greenberg:It happens occasionally for reasons unknown. Relogging on tends to fixit.

  Jeff Neuman:I was wondering if there was anyone from the BC that could expand on the comment on "behavoir experienced in the last round."

  Jeff Neuman:I like trying to use the regional IGF networks if that is possible

  Jeff Neuman:just dont know if their rules allow that

  Jim Prendergast:as long as its basic awareness building and info sharing - shouldnt be a problem

  Jeff Neuman:How far in advance do we need to suggest topics to the IGF organizations

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Jeff there is a strong nexus between Regional igfs and our ICANN hubs so should be ways

  Jim Prendergast:schedule varies - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.intgovforum.org_multilingual_content_igf-2Dregional-2Dand-2Dnational-2Dinitiatives&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=jTKnXgR-kkEDUBQivBCJsm9GPnMfw8yW4vex6u-8Cjg&s=SR9jveAXYk6FhnNgwE301rnBwPn7fn99Y8ZHnhwl9TQ&e=

  Alan Greenberg:Important to understand that the only applicants for the program were ICANN insiders.

  Greg Shatan:ISOC and its chapters could be used as well.

  Rubens Kuhl:Some ccTLDs see ICANN outreach regarding new gTLDs as ICANN promoting one of their "sons" instead of applying similar amounts of money to also promote ccTLDs.

  Vanda Scartezini:EVEN IGF DOS NOT ACCESS COMPANIES AROUND THAT COULD APPLY

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and the National Initiatives are opportunities for outreach

  Vanda Scartezini:in our region is more associations in general that can make the information flows.

  Greg Shatan:Agree with Vanda that a way to reach the business sector is important.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yep

  avri doria:Basically should use as many of these channels as possible.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed

  Jeff Neuman:THere are alo of responses that are great at a high level, but I am not sure that it helps us on a micro level.  For example the BC says we should streamline the process, but what specifically can be streamlined?

  Jeff Neuman:I would love to state in the Preliminary report a question that states: "What can your SO/AC/Constituency do to improve awareness of the progra?"

  Jeff Neuman:program

  Greg Shatan:I would add to that Jeff:  How can we help?

  Vanda Scartezini:like your question jeff

  Jeff Neuman:I agree with Cheryl that most of the comments do seem positive on keeping an Applicant Support Program in some form

  Jeff Neuman:Most also state that Applicant Support should involve more than just financial support, but also technical support, etc.

  Vanda Scartezini:during the survey I did in this region I promise to several companies to infrom them when the program will start

  Vanda Scartezini:even here cost was not the main point - infromation about on how to apply will be more relevant

  Christa Taylor:one sec

  Jeff Neuman:Applicants that wanted to be in the JAS program had to pay $47,000 up front as the reduced application fee

  Donna Austin, Neustar:dropping off adobe, will still be on the phone

  Vanda Scartezini:video with cations in aseveral language would be good

  Vanda Scartezini:captioning

  Phil Buckingham:Q : so how much should ICANN put  up to support a programme . How we do we arrive at this number .

  Vanda Scartezini:to strat a new gTLD offer in the market you will need much more money than just the fees. so As I ahve asking here , the fees was not the barrier.

  Vanda Scartezini:the knowledge, timely aware, on how to trust to be backend technical etc are the barriers

  Sara Bockey:go ahead

  Vanda Scartezini:thank you for sharing your thoughts. appreciate the call

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):good call thanks everyone 👋 bye for now then...

  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:Thanks and bye, everybody.

  Phil Buckingham:thanks very mcuh