[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Subsequent procedures PDP

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Jun 2 22:05:25 UTC 2017

> Em 2 de jun de 2017, à(s) 18:28:000, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman at lrrc.com> escreveu:
>
> Thank you Rubens.  I like Jeff's shorthand reference to "unicorn" high risk strings in relation to assessment of future applications.
>
> Is the text below the entire original e-mail from Jeff Schmidt?

Other than "have a nice weekend" and things like that, yes.

>  Did he provide an estimate for any further work in this arena?

No, and I believe ICANN hasn't contracted him or anyone else for that. If we find ICANN should do, we will have to tell them that.

> Also I know CI means Controlled Interruption, but can you please remind me what DITL is?

DITL = Day in In Internet Life, it's a project that captures DNS queries for 3 days every year in many different points of the network, but mostly in the root servers. It's one of the DNS-OARC projects I'll be mentioning in our call, in a recap of the Madrid events.
https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/data/ditl <https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/data/ditl>

The (in)famous alternate path to delegation (APD) lists were derived from DITL data... but don't blame the message, blame those who found that to be a good idea in the first place. ;-)

Rubens