[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Qualifying the threshold for requirement of letters of non-objection!

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 00:14:13 UTC 2018

No, it’s not a neutral measure. There is no neutral hierarchy of legitimate
uses.

What if it’s a global brand of beer? What if it’s considered the best beer
of all time? What if the town is better known than the city? What if the
city is a crime-ridden hole? What if it’s luxury goods instead of beer?

But at least here we are talking about resolving contention sets among
applicants. When we talk about applicants vs. non-applicants, a hierarchy
of favoring use vs. non-use seems fairly neutral.

Best regards,

Greg