[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] Scotland - Preparation for WT5 Meeting 14 August and Final Topic Discussion - non-AGB terms

Nick Wenban-Smith Nick.Wenban-Smith at nominet.uk
Fri Aug 23 11:14:47 UTC 2019

Hi Christopher

It all comes back to the definitions.

The 2012 AGB may have had plenty of deficiencies, but whether it’s good policy or not it did clearly and tightly define “geographic” (in section 2.2.1.4).

Neither Ben Nevis nor Scot met the definition, so it’s clearly correct (as per the rules in the 2012 AGB, and if we are not going to follow them then what’s the point of a rulebook?).

It’s the lack of agreement on this basic definition which has been the difficulty bedevilling the whole WT5 work stream IMO.

Best wishes
Nick