[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 15 April 2014 at 1400 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Apr 15 15:23:07 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services
Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 15 April 2014 at
14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20140415-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar%23mar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Kathy Kleiman - RySG

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Libby Baney - BC

Roy Balleste - NCUC

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Justin Macy - BC

Jim Bikoff - IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Michele Neylon - RrSG

Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

Jennifer Standiford - RrSG

James Bladel - RrSG

Volker Greimann - RrSG

Tatiana Khramtsova - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - ALAC

Maria Farrell - NCUC

Paul McGrady - IPC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Phil Marano - IPC

Christain Dawson - ISPCP

Laura Jedeed - BC

Don Blumenthal - RySG

Griffin Barnett - IPC

Gema Campillos - GAC

Stephanie Perrin - NCSG

Valeriya Sherman - IPC

Frank Michlick - RrSG

Apologies:

Kristina Rosette - IPC

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Holly Raiche - ALAC

Marie-Laure Lemineur - NPOC

Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Joe Catapano -Staff

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Amy Bivins

Mike Zupke

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg> https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 15 April 2014: Marika
Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 15 April 2014

Marika Konings:Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting of 15 April 2014

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello everyone

  Don Blumenthal:Good morning Osvaldo

  Carlton Samuels:Hello All. Good morning

  maria farrell:hi all

  Terri Agnew:Maria I have you on attendance list

  maria farrell:Thanks so much, Terri.

  Terri Agnew:Susan Prosser has joined

  Terri Agnew:Jennifer Standiford has joined

  Tim Ruiz:Good morning. Sorry to be a little late.

  Terri Agnew:Hi Tim, I have you on attendance list

  Terri Agnew:Volker Greimann has joined

  Terri Agnew:Tobias Sattler has joined

  Tobias Sattler:Sorry for being late.

  Luc Seufer:bah. No biggy it's just another Baldel presentation

  Michele Neylon:Well you'd need to have the key before you place the order
with us

  Luc Seufer:;-)

  Michele Neylon:no key => no order

  Luc Seufer:same at EuroDNS.

  Michele Neylon:GD being Special

  Tatiana Khramtsova:RU-CENTER procedure is the same as GD

  Don Blumenthal:Sorry for losing sight of the queue also. I've been
entertained by the presentation but also the chat.

  Mary Wong:Re Kathy's question - please see the last question on the right
side (in the Notes pod).

  Terri Agnew:Phil Marano has joined

  Frank Michlick:Show of hands, who tries to transfer/parse thin registry
information?

  Frank Michlick:(whois information that is)

  Mary Wong:These were some additional questions that had been circulated to
the WG list some time ago in the hope of generating some
information/discussion.

  Michele Neylon:thick whois solves a lot of this

  Mary Wong:For your convenience, this is the relevant IRTP question: In
relation to the IRTP, should there be any restrictions concerning transfers
of P/P registrations? (e.g. some of the terms and conditions require the P/P
services to be removed during the transfer process). Depending on the
response to this question, all communications in the IRTP currently go via
the transfer contact (Registered Name Holder / Admin Contact). Should there
be any requirements for this information to also be communicated to the P/P
customer? What happens if there is a disagreement relating to the transfer
between the P/P provider and the P/P customer?

  steve metalitz:Could someone explain further how thick Whois would help
the problem of needing to exit the service before transfer?  The thcik Whois
would have the same data as the registrar has in a thin environment.

  Carlton Samuels:Yes. transfers between registrars is not reliable in thin
registries. Came up before and Thick registreies with EPP is the answer.

  Kathy K:"valid key" = authinfo code?

  Bladel:Yes.

  Kathy K:Tx!

  Kathy K:Interesting, tx you Volker!

  Don Blumenthal:As far as I know, only two reistry operators are on the WG,
PIR and Rightside.

  Bladel:Are we done with slides? I think we might be done. :)

  Kathy K:Can we continue through the slides?  They are very valuable!

  Don Blumenthal:James asked for questions at the strart. :)

  Kathy K:Is there a way to create a footnote in our materials to revisit
these issues when we reach the Relay questions?

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, we were hoping that the transfer/renewal-specific
questions posted in the Notes pod (and circulated previously) can be
discussed here so that we can incorporate them into the template.

  Tim Ruiz:@Steve, Thick registries would have to add that option to their
data collection and that puts that data in yet another entities hands. So it
might not be ideal for all users seeking privacy in all situations.

  Mary Wong:(as part of Cat B Q3, second half of that question)

  Tim Ruiz:In addition, the entire transfer process would have to change for
those transfers.

  Carlton Samuels:The Thick Registry would have the P/P provider information
not the underlying privacy client data

  Tim Ruiz:So my question is: how do we deal with transfers in p/p setting
WITHOUT having to also initiate a transfer PDP to deal with the process
changes.

  Tim Ruiz:@Michele, those are enforcement issues. If ICANN cannot enforce
its policies, then we are all wasting our time.

  Mary Wong:@Tim, our suggestion is for this WG to come up with some
suggestions (per the questions on the right). These can then be evaluated
against the current transfer processes (and IRTP implementation) to see if
there are any potential conflicts or problems.

  Tim Ruiz:If someone has the authcode, why is anything else necessary? The
underlying user gets the authcode from the p/p provider and provides that to
the new registrar. Once the valid authcode is presented to the registry it
allows the transfer.

  Terri Agnew:Gema Campillos has joined

  Tim Ruiz:@Kathy. Exactly.

  steve metalitz:@Tim, this assumes that the proxy provide associated with
the losing registrar is obligated to cooperate with the  transfer process.
It sounds as though that is not the status quo.

  Tim Ruiz:@Steve, but that's the kind of thing we are here to change,
right?

  Stephanie Perrin:My apologies for being late.  Netmundial seems to rule
life these days.

  Michele Neylon:unless you sign in blood it's not 100% secure tbh

  Terri Agnew:Stephanie I have added you to attendance list

  Paul McGrady:Apologies, but I need to leave the call early today due to
another committment.  Thank you for this presentation and all of the
important issues it raises for our consideration.

  Don Blumenthal:Tim, is the point about a losing registrar a general Rr
conduct problem or relatred to p/p issues?

  Michele Neylon:Don - p/p more than anything probably .

  Michele Neylon:or maybe I'm missing the context

  Terri Agnew:Val Sherman has joined

  Don Blumenthal:Or I missed the point of something.

  Michele Neylon:Why was Frank Michlick kicked off Adobe??

  Mary Wong:@Michele, he is not a member of this WG and did not respond to
several messages asking for clarification.

  Michele Neylon:he's on the list

  Mary Wong:The WG mailing list? I will need to check in with him then about
membership and an SOI.

  Michele Neylon:please do

  Mary Wong:I will, thanks, Michele.

  Michele Neylon:He's crying over IM here

  Michele Neylon:it's very sad

  Michele Neylon:grown German crying

  Luc Seufer:We have a limit on the number of Canadians (and assimilated)
we can have on the same working group

  Mary Wong:Please let him know we're sorry if there was a mistake but we
don't have him on the membership list and we sent several private messages
without response.

  Michele Neylon:Mary - he probably can't see them

  Tim Ruiz:@james, could you describe that problem?

  Mary Wong:@Michele, they were PMs in this Adobe room :)

  Tim Ruiz:@James, I think its called email ;-)

  Terri Agnew:Stephanie please check your mute

  steve metalitz:Are we going to address the questions on right hand side?

  Kathy K:I think we have a number of points to return to in later
discussions.

  Mary Wong:@Steve that would be our recommendation.

  Stephanie Perrin:Sorry, mic not working .  I just wanted to follow up on
the remark citing mikey about how much is loaded on the auth code.....what
exactly does that do to its reliability?

  Don Blumenthal:Steve, Thanks. I often lose sight of the notes panel

  Kathy K:Stephanie

  Mary Wong:The last question in the Notes pad is specific to IRTP. where
the others are more relevant to ERRP.

  Bladel:PEDNR PSTD

  Kathy K:Interesting

  steve metalitz:Thanks Michele.  How woudl this be handled in the case of
an accrdited proxy service provider that is not affiliated wtih the
registrar?

  Kathy K:+1 Tim - this makes a lot of sense - and seems to hold the keys to
a resolution of the issues we are wrestlin gwith

  Kathy K:Don, before we leave the document, could Mary perhaps describes
any recent updates to it?

  Don Blumenthal:OK

  Mary Wong:@Kathy, we added your suggestion  of yesterday - you'll see it
in the second column as displayed here.

  steve metalitz:Whatdoes RAE mean in the 2d and 3d questions on right of
screen?

  Don Blumenthal:Remember to scroll down. Adobe session participants control
the screen when templates are up

  Mary Wong:Registration At Expiration I believe.

  Michele Neylon:correct

  Kathy K:Tx you!  (text is coming out very small... maybe time for new
glasses :-))

  Mary Wong:Oops, sorry, RegistRANT at Expiration

  Bladel:but from their REGISTRAR?

  Carlton Samuels:"vigorously" is right!

  Stephanie Perrin:@James re forwarding...I think this is a key question, as
Michele is pointing out.  That list should be limited and specific in my
view, as Michele is pointing out....

  Bladel:Agree.

  Bladel:Failure to relay unsoliciated emails from 3rd parties means the P/P
service is working.

  Luc Seufer:@STephanie which list?

  Tim Ruiz:@Stephanie, anything related to their domain name that is
critical, renewals, transfers, etc.

  Stephanie Perrin:@James, and thanks for tthe clarification re the auth
code...that helps.

  Carlton Samuels:@Michele interesting piece of info

  Bladel::)

  Bladel:that's ICANN.....

  Kathy K:makes sense, Michele, but the operational emails from Registrars
being passed on makes sense - I think Registrants want these!

  steve metalitz:excellent presentation and discussion today

  Tim Ruiz:Thanks James and Don and all! Bye.

  Kathy K:Tx All!

  Stephanie Perrin:indeed, excellent presentation and slides!  thanks

  Carlton Samuels:@James: Thanks for the presentation!  Very helpful to
reinforce some stuff

  Mary Wong:Thank you all.

  Bladel:thx Don & team.