[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] WG Preliminary Conclusions

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Mon Apr 21 20:08:54 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I hope everyone had a good Easter/Passover weekend. I wanted to comment
a bit on the /WG Preliminary Conclusion/.  Proposed edits in underlined
italics below:

The WG recommends that [delete: any] _/*all */_rights, responsibilities
and obligations for registrants as well as privacy/proxy providers would
need to be clearly _/*protected and */_communicated in the
/*_proxy/privacy_*/**registration agreement, including any specific
requirements applying to transfers and renewals. However, further
details as to what minimum requirements for such rights,
responsibilities and obligations may be will need to be further
discussed by the WG following its review of other charter questions.

Specifically, in relation to transfers and renewals, the WG noted the
common practice[DB1] <#_msocom_1>of terminating privacy/proxy protection
as part of the transfer process and recommends that this be clearly
disclosed to registrants _/*and, to the extent possible, avoided by P/P
providers in the transfer process*/_. The WG agreed that notification
and other issues arising from the implementation of renewal and transfer
policies merited further discussion, possibly as part of its
deliberations over Relay procedures _/*and possibly in other areas of
deliberations, e.g., a special transfer section to be created in light
of the interest in this issue, and the complicated technical details of
the transfer policy and its implementation*/_.

Best,
Kathy

[DB1] <#_msoanchor_1>Is the issue termination in a formal sense or
"suspension" for the period needed for the transfer? Is this a practice
or an inevitable part of the process?

: