[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] A slightly revised proposed approachfor reviewing public comments

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Jul 23 20:21:45 UTC 2015

  >while it may not be a 15 minute thing...

Just to clarify one small point which seems to have become a matter of
dispute for some reason:

Yes I have personally been called by the FBI asking for personal
details, logs, etc of a customer, I requested a warrant, and received
one via fax within about 15 minutes.

But that isn't to say it's the normal or typical experience, only that
it has happened to me so it's apparently possible.

P.S. Cheap Shot while my keyboard is still working:

There's also the liability issue regarding releasing personal
information without some sort of indemnification or transfer of
authority. In a sentence, people lie (e.g., even to LEA) to get
credentials etc, and then the targets get angry and their lawyers see
the releaser of the credentials as a deep pockets target. Usually over
"community property" in (ugly) divorce cases or similar business value
disputes.

I think James Gannon is closer to my view, don't invent what you don't
absolutely have to.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada