[gnso-rds-pdp-purpose] Additional Information/question

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Fri Apr 22 21:13:26 UTC 2016

Hi Susan and Lisa,
I have a question (which certainly does not have to be answered on a
Friday afternoon), but some deep concerns have been raised on this list
by people who helped created various documents and reports that we are
now evaluating. For example, I raised the fact that it was completely
out of scope for the Whois Review Team to evaluate the data collected in
Whois and the primary purpose for which it was created.  By the
Affirmation of Commitments, we had to deal with the Whois system as it
existed (and had been passed to ICANN from the National Science
Foundation).

We could not and did not address or deal with primary purpose. I think
this limitation and fact is critical to the understanding and evaluation
of the Whois Review Team report, especially as it applies to our
question of "purpose."

How can this point be added to Whois Review Team Final Report summary -
perhaps in Additional Information? -- and to our discussion?

Tx,
Kathy