[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Please participate - poll on RDS PDP WG leadership team characteristics

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:26:39 UTC 2016

I purposely did not respond to this thread because I know Alan is on here
and I wanted him to tell his own story. Now I feel compelled to give public
support.

+1.

I can attest to the substance of facts he recorded.  And while for this
engagement I too would preferentially select the leadership from GNSO ranks
for reasons already aired, I believe that a blanket order against non-GNSO
aspirants to leadership would be a retrograde step.

There are many paths to salvation. But what is absolutely required is
leadership that is fit to purpose.  We have a semblance of purpose already
defined. And we have a fairly well-defined frame to evaluate aspirants for
leadership. GNSO affiliation is weighted here.  But in the end, it is one
and only one attribute.  A stinker (for what is required) that is
GNSO-labeled would be counterintuitive.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799