[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Reminder - Poll from 28 June Meeting

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Fri Jul 14 21:25:25 UTC 2017

Kathy, I’m not sure why you think this is a referendum. As discussed in Johannesburg and agreed by those in attendance, the idea is to first identify the ‘universe’ of data elements to then be able to determine which of those data elements should be in RDS, which is exactly what this survey is aiming to do. As such the EWG Final Report is used as an input to this discussion as directed by the WG’s charter, but it is now for the WG to critically assess that input and add, eliminate, change as it deems appropriate. So please take this as your opportunity to raise any questions about any of the data elements as well as provide your suggestions on what should be included in the RDS that has not been listed yet or what should not be included with your rationale.

To Sara’s point, the WG and leadership team has recognized from the start that this is an iterative process and additional input or expertise that is provided throughout the process may affect preliminary WG agreements. As such, please do fill out the survey with your wish list, based on the deliberations as well as input received to date. At the end of the day, the only way to ‘test’ whether the WG’s recommendations are considered compliant is to be able to put something concrete on the table and allow others to provide input on those recommendations.

All, please make sure to review the handout before responding to the survey as it provides important background information on the different data elements that may help inform your responses.

Best regards,

Marika