[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Discussion Topics

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Mon Jul 24 00:45:36 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-23 17:42, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
> RDS data is stored in registrar and registry servers,
> many of which if not most or all are increasingly being housed in
> global cloud server farms.

Whilst the concepts of who can access/control data both logically and
physically should be of great concern to the owners of that data, I
think it's beyond our remit to get too involved in.

As to the claim that it affects many/most - do you have any data to back
that up (as a quick check of 8 Registries whois server ips implies the
number using "cloud" (as opposed to for example a distributed private
network) is zero.

Rob