[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Principle on Proportionality for "Thin Data"access

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed May 31 19:42:17 UTC 2017

I would like to formally object to this kind of characterization of the
people who are working in good faith on this working group:
"self-proclaimed privacy advocates".  I can only speak for myself, so I
will do only that.....I am not a self-proclaimed privacy advocate.  I
have been working as a privacy professional since 1984, when I became
one of the first privacy coordinators for the Department of
Communications of Canada. I was the first president in 1986 of CAPA, the
privacy professionals association which we formed and which collaborated
for many years with ASAP, the US equivalent.  I could go on and on and
if you require references as to whether or not our views should be
accepted as having merit, regardless of whether you agree with them or
not, I am happy to provide them.  But please, let us treat one another
with a bit more respect.

Stephanie Perrin