[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] "optional", who has data, and what "data collection" means (was Re: IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 29 August Meeting)

Rob Golding rob.golding at astutium.com
Mon Sep 4 18:19:10 UTC 2017

> Once data is in the registrar's possession, the question is not whether
the
> data is "collected" in the RDS, but whether it is accessible through the
RDDS.

An RDDS has to "get" the data from somewhere, which we're calling the RDS.

I don't think we should be conflating that with the data that Registrars
(and Registries) collect.

A small amount of the data collected/created/available to a Registry will go
into the RDS, and even smaller amount of data collected/created/available to
a Registrar will go into it

Rob