[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] IMPORTANT: Invitation for Poll from 20 September Meeting

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Thu Sep 21 14:18:05 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.

Are you advocating that this WG needs to expand the meaning of RDS to
include
the history of domains?

I do not see the difference. I want to make sure that the ³purposes² are
applicable to both current RDS data elements and those already captured.
It is unrealistic to presume that only current data will be retained.
And, historical data is consistent with purpose.  For example, if ³a²
purpose is for security it would seem that this purpose applies not only
to current data elements but also to historical ones.

And, in any event, consideration must be given to the real application at
the collection level.  I think it would be rather foolhardy to narrow our
focus on immediate collection and not also consider impact on data
retention.  Otherwise we are handing the collectors a problem to deal with
in terms of monitoring their database 24/7.

Paul