[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] separating topics (was Re: ICANN Meetings/Conversations with Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners)

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Thu Sep 28 19:02:45 UTC 2017

I happily accept Andrew's comments on how our mission is understood. Our
need is clarity around which issues need to be address at this point,
which issues can be set aside, and which nominally are dealt with later
in the process. Any way we get there is good.

In that vein can someone remind me, in a sentence, why ICANN should
insist that any data be collected beyond the minimum public data set.
There is the technical data associated with each domain name, and there
is the business/service data the registrars need to provide there services.
Again, why should ICANN insist on more?

Sam L.