[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Krebs On Security article RE whois and GDRP

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 07:11:04 UTC 2018

If you read all the comments, and not just the one from the person with the
pseudonym “WHOIS” you will see that the comments run somewhat in favor of
keeping Whois information public.  As for Mr. WHOIS, the pseudonym nicely
provides him the privacy to confess to doxxing people and remain
unidentifiable. So the comments are indeed worthwhile, both as an example
of the range and distribution of views on the subject and the use of a form
of “privacy” to hide from detection. (Unless someone is advocating a “right
to doxx”, that would seem to be a Bad Thing.) of course, he could be
fibbing, and never doxxed anyone, but no way to know that....

Finally, I think reading the article is much more worthwhile than reading
the comments, just as I think the views of Brian Krebs are much more
worthwhile than those of Mr. WHOIS-who-mightormightnot-be-a-doxxer.

 I suppose everyone is entitled to their sources of information, but I
still ascribe to the caveat “consider the source”.

Greg